Friday, August 04, 2006

Driftless Area Ephemera

Here is the first of 8
I made up as postcards
for the "1000Postcards" show at the GreenLantern Gallery in MineralPoint..
opening tomorrow, August5th.
I'll make up another set similar to what is hanging there...
and I'll tell you all about them.
All I'm going to do right now is show you
this....













The Postcard Show just hit me right.
Postcards!
Postcards are pictures of places one has visited, spent time, or is now residing...
the show's timing was the perfect for me
to begin organizing the first of a large body of arting
I've been at on and off for the last several years.

This is the first time I'm introducing it publicly...
well, 8 small pictures of it.

A few pieces have been shown briefly...
but never in the company of the rest...
and never with the explainations.

I would have scanned the 8 before they left,
but this scanner could not handle the 3 dimensionality of them,
once I completed making them "ready to hang".

No comments: